"Mushroom dreams" pendant - three days workshop in silver
It's a 3 days workshop packed with lots of different techniques, featuring a branch (hollow inside, so it's perfect for a bead-strung necklace), various, three-dimensional mushrooms, and a small (3-4 mm), round, bezel set stone. Wonderful textures, interesting shapes, lots of tricks for creating secure openwork constructions in metal clay - this is what this workshop is about.
You will use silver clay to create a few types of hollow contructions (organic looking branch, mushroom caps) and then you'll make a secure, openwork construction out of them. You will learn a few tricks about making really small bezel setting for a non-fireable stone and then setting stone in it. This workshop involves learning basics of soldering (this part is optional - you can learn, but decide not to solder).
- learn to make a hollow, branch-like structure
- learn to create various organic looking textures on the branch, mushrooms, lichens
- learn to build a believably looking mushroom
- learn to make a secure openwork construction out of mushrooms – strong and easy to wear
- learn to make a tiny bezel setting for stones that can't be fired in place and are not calibrated
- learn to set tiny round stones in an easy and very clean way
THIS WORKSHOP IS RECOMMENDED FOR STUDENTS WITH PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH METAL CLAY
Do you want to learn at home how to make unique jewellery? Check my offer of fantastic tutorials.