"Mushroom dreams" pendant - three days workshop in silver
It's a 3 days workshop packed with lots of different techniques, featuring a branch (hollow inside, so it's perfect for a bead-strung necklace), various, three-dimensional mushrooms, and a small (3-4 mm), round, bezel set stone. Wonderful textures, interesting shapes, lots of tricks for creating secure openwork constructions in metal clay - this is what this workshop is about.
You will use silver clay to create a few types of hollow contructions (organic looking branch, mushroom caps) and then you'll make a secure, openwork construction out of them. You will learn a few tricks about making really small bezel setting for a non-fireable stone and then setting stone in it. This workshop involves learning basics of soldering (this part is optional - you can learn, but decide not to solder).
- learn to make a hollow, branch-like structure
- learn to create various organic looking textures on the branch, mushrooms, lichens
- learn to build a believably looking mushroom
- learn to make a secure openwork construction out of mushrooms – strong and easy to wear
- learn to make a tiny bezel setting for stones that can't be fired in place and are not calibrated
- learn to set tiny round stones in an easy and very clean way
THIS WORKSHOP IS RECOMMENDED FOR STUDENTS WITH PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH METAL CLAY