I am delighted to present „Miniature teddy bear with a heart" pendant as my sixth, and the most detailed tutorial so far. This project is a great proposal for those who like cute, tiny jewellery, full of amazing details.
It is perfect for metal clay enthusiasts who want to learn about constructing tiny hollow forms in metal clay, sculpting in miniature and precise carving.
Being quite advanced (I would call the level of this project "intermediate") this tutorial doesn't present basics of working with metal clay (for example checking clay consistency, maintaining clay hydration, drying etc.). This information may be found in "Frozen leaves" tutorial or "Fingerprint of love", which I highly recommend for beginners (and you can find both in my shop).
Instructions are super detailed with a lot of good quality photos.
Number of steps: 135
File size: 8 MB
Page count: 50(!) - it is basically a small book
Number of photos: 150
What do you need:
• Any brand of metal clay, approx. 10 grams (all the techniques work the same, no matter what kind of metal clay you use)
• A piece of polymer clay (the brand really doesn’t matter)
• Two brushes – for working wet and dry
• Scalpel (tissue blade) or a needle tool
• Playing cards/ or graduated slates/ or rolling frames
• Fine round file with a pointy end (very important)
• Semi round and flat file, other shapes of files if you have them
• Tweezers (with pointy ends)
• Sanding paper
• Metal clay kiln or a gas torch (basically something to fire your clay at the end)
• Working surface
• Clay roller
• Olive oil/ or badger balm etc.
• Steel burnisher with a pointy end or a different tool with a pointy end (can be even a toothpick)
• Nail dotting tools, known also as embossing tools. Don’t worry if you don’t have those – in the photos you’ll see
that even the opposite side of your brush (if it’s smooth and rounded) will work.
• Optivisor or other kind of magnification might help if you have this kind of gear.
This tutorial is in PDF format. Printer friendly version available on request. The tutorial will be sent to an email address, provided while placing the order.
Digital items don’t accept returns, exchanges or cancellations.